Data Protection Policy
The purpose of this policy (“Data Protection Policy”) is to inform you of how Singapore Polytechnic Graduates’ Guild (“SPGG”) manages Personal Data which is subject to Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“the Act”). Our Data Protection Policy outlines the purposes for which we collect, use and disclose your Personal Data.
By interacting with us, submitting information to us, or signing up for any services offered by us, you agree and consent to SPGG collecting, using, disclosing and sharing amongst themselves your Personal Data, and disclosing such Personal Data to relevant third parties in the manner set forth in this Data Protection Policy.
This Data Protection Policy supplements but does not supersede or replace any other consent you may have previously provided to SPGG in respect of your Personal Data, and your consent herein is additional to any rights or obligations which SPGG may have under law to collect, use or disclose your Personal Data.
SPGG may from time to time update this Data Protection Policy to ensure that this Data Protection Policy is consistent with our future developments, trends and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of our Data Protection Policy as updated from time to time. You are encourage to check on our updated information on the handling of your Personal Data.
“Personal Data” refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified:
a. from that data; or
b. from that data and other information
to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time.
The Personal Data that SPGG acquires is dependent on the nature of interaction that you may choose to have with us. This include your name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address, and any other information provided to us in any forms electronic or non-electronic submission submitted to us, or via other forms of interaction with you.
Collection of Personal Data:
Generally, we collect Personal Data in the following ways:
1. when you submit an application form or renewal form relating to membership in SPGG;
2. when you interact with us, for example, via telephone calls, letters, face- to-face meetings and email;
3. when you use some of our services or resources, for example, websites and any online accounts with us;
4. when you register or participate in our activities or events, joint activities or events with our associates, affiliates, sponsors, etc;
5. when you request that we contact you, be included in an email or other mailing list; and;
6. when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
When you browse our website, you generally do so anonymously but please see the section below on cookies. We do not automatically collect Personal Data at our website unless you provide such information. We do use Google Analytics to collect statistical data anonymously which is used purely for analytical purposes.
If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the services you have requested.
Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of your Personal Data:
SPGG collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
1. when responding and/or handling to your queries and requests;
2. when managing administrative and operations and complying with internal policies and procedures;
3. when organizing events and activities;
4. matching any Personal Data held which relates to you for any of the purposes listed herein;
5. meeting or complying with any applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by any legal or regulatory bodies which are binding on SPGG; and
6. for purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
In relation to SPGG services, we may also have specifically notified you of other purposes for which we collect, use or disclose your Personal Data. If so, we will collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for these additional purposes as well, unless we have specifically notified you otherwise.
You have a choice to withdraw your consent. You may contact us using the contact details found below.
Please be aware that once we receive confirmation that you wish to withdraw your consent, it may take up to 30 working days for your withdrawal to be reflected in our records. Please note that even if you withdraw your consent, we may still contact you for other purposes in relation to our services that you maintain with SPGG.
SPGG may from time to time, as part of the scope of services that we provide you with, transfer your personal data to a relevant third party.
SPGG will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify your personal data when it is no longer necessary for us to retain it or in compliance with any regulatory requirements and laws.
Disclosure of Personal Data:
SPGG will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorized disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be disclosed, as part of our scope of services to you for the following:
1. SPGG staff, who may provide services to you, address your questions and requests in relation to your subscription and billing arrangements with us;
2. agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide operational services to SPGG;
3. vendors or third party service providers in connection with marketing promotions and services offered by SPGG;
4. our professional advisers such as auditors and lawyers;
5. relevant government regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any governmental authority; and
6. any other party to whom you authorize us to disclose your Personal Data to.
A cookie is a small piece of information that is placed on your computer when you visit certain websites.
Contacting Us – Withdrawal of Consent, Access and Correction of your Personal Data:
1. have any questions or feedback relating to your Personal Data or our Data Protection Policy;
2. would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data as set out in this Data Protection Policy; or
3. would like to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data records,
Please contact SPGG through this email address: email@example.com
Please note that if your Personal Data has been provided to us by a third party (e.g. a referrer), you should contact that organisation or individual to make such queries, complaints, and access and correction.
Go verning Law:
This Data Protection Policy and your use of this website shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the Republic of Singapore.
SPGG respects your privacy. In Singapore, your personal data is protected by the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA) which was enforced as of 2 July 2014. The PDPA establishes various rules governing the collection, use, disclosure and care of personal data.
In accordance to the PDPA, we have a legal duty to protect all your personal data which you have provided. Any information that you give us is used and kept with utmost care and security.
For more information on PDPA, please refer to https://www.pdpc.gov.sg
This is the website of the Singapore Polytechnic Graduates’ Guild (SPGG). Thank you for reviewing our privacy statement.
If you are only browsing this website, we do not capture data that allows us to identify you individually.
If you choose to make an application or send us an email for which you provide us with personally identifiable data, we may share necessary data within SPGG, so as to serve you in a most efficient and effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by the Constitution. We will NOT share your personal data with external parties, except where such entities have been authorized to carry out related SPGG services.
To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data are secure with appropriate security technologies.
This site may link to non-SPGG sites whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those sites.
If you have any queries relation to our collection, use, disclose and/or process of your data or on the matters set out in this document, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org